Monday, September 6, 2010

Empty Nest Discovery #13: Sometimes You Can Work It Out In Your Sleep


I had a nightmare today during my post-run nap. I woke up wondering if some of my biggest and most difficult decisions were mistakes. I called a friend and talked through every detail of the dream and realized that for the most part, I was just angry (and sad, which made me angrier) that I felt forced to make those decisions in the first place. Now that I don't have to hold my tongue or police my thoughts anymore, some pretty intense 'junk of the hearts' has surfaced, and there's no good reason to hold it in anymore. Better in my dream life than in my waking life, I suppose. I'm off for another round. Sweet dreams everyone.


Listening to Dreammaniacs - Bettie Serveert


Photo by solofotones

No comments: